Currently, planning the collection of solid urban waste is done in a periodic static manner, based on predefined routes and experience, causing unnecessary costs and underutilization of equipment. Often empty containers are collected and full containers overloaded causing an increase in cleaning costs. Knowing the content level of waste containers is critically important.
• Garbage bins are collected as per pre-defined schedule ignoring if they are full or not.
• Lack of control on garbage vehicle’s route.
• Lack of effective monitoring of garbage collection, transportation and dumping.
• Lack of MIS to ensure the proper functioning of the overall system.
• Lack of proper monitoring of garbage bins creates overfull containers that in turn leads to scattered waste and subsequent environmental degradation.
Cogito G-Bin Sensor Modules monitor the fill-status of solid waste bins in real time. These are weather-proof IOT Sensor devices and use GSM/ GPRS for communication to Cloud/ on-premise Servers. They carry a unique ID and name for identification at the Data Centre. They have remotely configurable threshold parameters like Bin Height, Polling Interval, Bin Threshold levels for sending alarms. MIS reports can be generated after collecting statistical data over a period of time as to the location-wise bin filling patterns.
Cognito Smart G-Bin is a wireless, battery-powered, ultrasonic container-level monitoring system providing data over the GSM/ GPRS network to the Bin Management System.
• Continuously monitors fill level of Garbage Bins.
• Can easily be retrofitted or pre-installed into any type of bin/ container.
• Robust Waterproof and Dustproof Enclosure for 24x7 operation.
• Can measure any type of collection stream, solid or liquid.
• Proprietary Bin location tracking algorithm for location of Garbage Bin.
• Easy installation and no maintenance required.
• Totally independent with internal power supply lasting for 6+ years *.
• GSM/ GPRS communications and alarming.
• Pre-configured for GSM or GPRS operations.
• Remotely Configurable Threshold Parameters.
• Level Measurements are performed at configurable intervals.
• Data access from anywhere via the Internet.
• Operational costs reduction by up to 35%.
• Reduce collection costs by optimizing routes and fuel.
• Real time filling status of bins/ containers.
• Optional Real time fire alarms to reduce response time and damage compensations and liability.
• Bin/ Container location monitoring.
• Emissions reduction through optimization of routes.
• Better quality of service and waste disposal.
Waste Management Companies / Utilities
• Easy installation and deployment.
• Routes and fuel optimization.
• Integrable with client waste management solutions.
• Installable in wide range of existing bins in the market.
• Improved perception about quality of service.
• Citizen grievance redressal.
• Traffic decongestion.
• Reduction in harmful gases and diseases.
40KHz Ultrasonic sensor.
Beam opening sensor measurement
25cm – 300cm
Completely Waterproof and Dustproof Enclosure.
Tough Polypropylene Plastic.
96mm(L) x 70mm(W) x 35mm(H).
Approx 300g (with batteries).
-20C to +70C
Battery Operated (non-rechargeable).
4 AA Lithium Iron Disulphide non rechargeable.
6 years (1 reading per day average)*.
Battery Level Monitor
Battery charge state is monitored.
Dual-band GSM/GPRS Engine EGSM 900MHz and DCS 1800MHz GPRS coding schemes CS-1, CS-2, CS-3 and CS-4.
To User or Cloud based servers.
Remotely Configurable Threshold Parameters like Bin Height, Polling Interval, Bin threshold levels for sending alarms.
Can be optionally fitted with Temperature Sensor, Tilt Sensor and Accelerometer.
* Battery life time in optimal circumstances. Actual battery life may vary depending on polling frequency, network communication frequency and various measurement circumstances such as configuration, signal strength and temperature.